Thursday, August 7, 2008

All art should be edible.

I've been so busy lately, I haven't had a chance to update! But I have been cooking, never to fear.

As you may know, half of my love for food is in capturing its beauty in pictures, so here are a random assortment that don't really go with any one meal:



The flower of Thyme

Onion meets bowl

Bowl meets onion


Sun-dried Tomato and Balsalmic Bruschetta on Essential Baking Co. Parisian baguettes




Spinach salad with fresh mint, walnuts, cucumber, heirloom tomato, and sharp white cheddar with a sun-dried tomato balsalmic dressing



The heirloom tomato. It wasn't actually worth anywhere near its price this time.



Perfectly charred Top Sirloin, complete with 45 degree char marks. However it was a tad overcooked inside to be honest.


Toasted walnut and garlic fettucine - served with the steak above.


I won't even pretend I made this thing of beauty. It's from Bakery Nouveau.
Just about the best baguette you will ever have. Seriously. It's one more reason to come to West Seattle now.
( That's up to what, a whopping 3 now? ;) )

(aka: alki, my kitchen, bakery nouveau - oh wait! Buddha Ruksa! 4! yay! )

NEXT UP: the fantastic sponge roll dessert that I don't know the name of that we made last weekend!

No comments: