Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chocolate Sponge Roll!

Truth be told, I don't remember the name the recipe gave. So here's mine:

Chocolate Spongie-ness!
Dark Chocolate sponge cake roll with fresh made chocolate whipped cream filling, topped with dark chocolate shavings and served with fresh strawberries in a light syrup.





My friend Noam (also an excellent cook) and I whipped this together from a recipe, with our other friend Nate's ingredients. =) Always makes it better.

Very delicious! Next time I might drizzle with a chocolate syrup.

We (I) messed up a little and forgot to grease the baking sheet. Never to despair! With a little of my optimism and Noam's finesse, we were able to pry it off in one (give or take a chunk - shh!) piece.

I like sponge cake like this because it's so light! It's really just whipped egg whites with a little bit of flour and melted chocolate, then poured onto a baking sheet and popped in the oven. Actually very easy to make in retrospect - good for me since I'm not the most experienced baker.

Just to leave you with a nice dose of weirdness, I present you with the Noam.




No comments: