Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Farmer's Market!



Heirloom tomato and baby shallot salad

topped with a chiffonade of lemon mint, extra virgin olive oil and sea salt.


I garnished it with the green stalks of the baby shallot. Quite simple but yummy - very summery and appropriate.

My tiny $5 farmer's market bounty. That heirloom tomato was over $3. It was quite good! But $3 good...? perhaps another variety will be more impressive.

I must say - buying at a farmer's market is pretty awesome. I just really enjoy being able to ask questions of the people who actually grew the food! Not to mention the good feeling that comes from handing them money personally, without a middleman. A bit expensive sometimes though...

I think my battery is about to quit on me, so no more rambling today.

No comments: