Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Eggplant Involtini

Eggplant Involtini
grilled and stuffed with a feta, walnut, bulgur, mint, and oregano filling, then baked in a rich tomato sauce and topped with fresh parsley and grilled summer corn


After stuffing, before baking!

The finished dish - I'll admit the presentation needs some work.

This was really quite delicious! Very meaty...yet vegetarian. I was inspired by a recipe I saw while browsing the U-bookstore that day, though I cooked it without any of the "correct" proportions. It's very easy - simply grill the eggplants and stuff with the goodies, then bake in a marinara for an hour or so. My sauce actually came out much more delicious than I thought it would be since I just tossed the leftover filling in with the tomato.


On the side I grilled some chicken breasts marinated in leftover chimichurri.



I'm posting them here just because I was so excited by their grill marks! This was done on the electric grill - more heat in the grates themselves I think.

No comments: